Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lady Bug Luck?

You know after going to the cowboys game or a ranger game or a basketball game for that matter...people always seem to discuss their favorite play of the game, or the make or break play, or the play that won or lost the game for their team that they are rooting for...

I have been watching nascar all my life, just like watching the Cowboys play football, I can always remember watching autoracing. I started attending actuall races at the spring race of race of 2002 at Texas Motorspeedway, with the exception of attending the IRL race the summer of 2001, the same year that Dale Earnhardt Sr passed away.

I was also given the opportunity to go the Daytona 500 in 2004, they call this the Super Bowl of nascar. I truly will remember that race for a long time. Dale Jr finally won at Daytona.

This past weekend at Texas Motorspeedway, was the 17th race at Texas, including the fall races and I was there to see and support my favorite driver, Jeff Gordon. Jeff finally won at Texas. Last spring he finished dead last in 43rd place this spring he finished 1st, what a huge difference. I know that there are a lot of fans that don't like Jeff, I am old enough to understand that not everyone likes every driver. But I do think that deep down, everyone respects the "opposing" drivers.

With this, I would like to share a special moment from the race with everyone.
As you all know by now, my favorite driver is Jeff Gordon. I have recently in the last couple of years started taking one or both of my youngest along with my oldest some Michael to the Texas races. My sons Michael and Trey are Dale Junior fans, and my youngest son Eriq likes Jeff Gordon.

Well, since we normally sit at the races where we can get close to the fence, as the drivers go around the track during driver introductions, i have been making a sign for jeff gordon, for Eriq to hold up as Jeff goes by...This year, I actually had Michael make one for eriq...ended up looking really good...(notice the saying on the sign...this win will truly be priceless...)



Well, the special part of this story is not that we did make the sign, but it is about a little lucky lady bug that landed on Eriq and kept coming back to us...



The first time that the lady bug flew away, I told Eriq that she flex away to get on jeff's car to bring him good luck. Then the next thing we knew the lady bug came back. The lady bug continued to do this several different times...

Anyway, as everyone probally already knows by now Jeff won the race. Eriq is convinced it was the lady bug that did it...(This is a picture that we took as Jeff was driving around the track with the checkered flag)

This is really what they call Lady Bug Luck!


No comments: