Tuesday, December 18, 2007

WHY SAY NO TO CHRISTMAS?

OK, I am ready this morning to make a lot of people really mad...BUT here it goes...
I understand that there are all religions and all beliefs in a classroom. I understand this totally...But tell me this? Why is it that we who believe in Christmas, why is it us who do not get to celebrate at school? I mean we can't say Christmas Party at schools, we have to say Winter Party...We have to say Winter Party because it would be offensive to tose who do not believe in Christmas or who do not believe in God...

Why is it that we can't do something for those who do believe, why can't we do something that we believe in? I feel as though I am being descriminated againest because I do believe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

y family doesn't do Christmas cuz they are Jewish but I see no reason to stop others from doing their own thing.People can do what they want as far as I am concerned. I don't care if people call it a Christmas party. To me its just a word. Saying Christmas in school doesn't hurt anyone. I don't expect people to bend over backwards to not offend me cuz honestly i am not that easily offended and those non christamas celbraters need to get over it nd let the people celebrate honestly its no big deal to vcall it what it is. we don't call the Redskins "the other team" so not to affend them we call them the deadskins and so on so I say call it Christmas it is what is.

Great Point KK glad someone had the guts to say it

Trojan Horse said...

Some non Christian parents don't want their children influenced by their holidays. That's the only reason I believe anyone would take offense to it. Religious freedom would mean another religion cannot be pushed on a child in a public place, such as school.

I guess Christians would feel the same way if public schools were having Ramadan, Hannukah, and Kwanza parties.

I'm agnostic, and it doesn't bother me when people use the words. I figure, to each his own. I'll even say Merry christmas to someone else, if I know that's what their religious celebration is.